Re: vaio's screen brightness

Andre Kirchner wrote:
Hi all,

I have just installed Fedora Core 6 in a Vaio laptop,
and everything is fine except for the screen's
brightness, which is too dark.
Does anyone know how do I adjust it, or where can I
find more information about it?

The sony-laptop module may be worth a try[1], however ISTR
mine defaulted to full brightness unless told otherwise.
I assume the machine came with Windows on it, was it
brighter[2]?

[1] http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/Documentation/sony-laptop.txt?v=linux-2.6
Basically # modprobe sony-laptop
then # cat > /sys/class/backlight/sony/brightness
enter 7 and see what happens.

[2] That'd be good material for MS's marketing department
    if Orange hadn't trademarked it.

--
imalone