Re: Instruct yum to keep old kernels

Marcel Janssen wrote:
When updating my system, yum wants to remove my working kernel.
How can I make sure yum doesn't touch any kernel ever in an upgrade process unless I want it ?

If the version of yum installed on your system is 3.2.2, add the following line to /etc/yum.conf
	installonly_limit = 0
This will disable removal of older versions. To retain a specific number of older packages, change 0 to the appropriate value.

If your yum version is older than 3.2.1, the below changes have to be made in /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf
	tokeep=n
where n is the number of previous versions to keep.

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)

Registered Linux User #374218