Re: DD not working--SUCCESS!

Michael Hennebry wrote:
On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:

    I of course see what your saying. It would be best if you have a
computer dedicated to running dd. You plug in 2 hard drives and boot up
hoping bios takes care of the hard drives :-)

    On the computer you say dd if=hd1 of=hd2 and neither Hard Drive is
doing anything else.

    But I don't have that many computers and hard drives. So I do what I
can and it appears to have worked.

So far as I can tell, the important thing
is not having a separate computer.
It is not mounting any partition on either drive.
A live CD can boot and run without using a hard drive.
It makes its file systems in ram.

I don't have enough RAM for a live CD to do dd. The Rescue CD does not have dd. I'm wondering if the F7 DVD might have dd? It has it somewhere.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User