Re: Linux suitable motherboard/µprocessor?

Robin Laing wrote:
Bob Goodwin wrote:

Can someone tell me if this board and processor would be suitable for Fedora 7?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=3156977&sku=MBM-K8MM3V-3400&CMP=EMC-TIGEREMAIL&SRCCODE=WEM1442C

I have a some parts I would like to make into something usable, including 500 megs of DDR PC3200 400mHz 256MB RAM.

I don't have any exotic requirements, just a box for routine e-mail, MySql, etc.

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin

I would go to at least 1 or 2 gig or ram as the cost of ram is quite low at this time. It is well worth it as it does make a difference to speed.

Yes, I am aware that more is better but I would start with what I have.

However I just called Tiger Direct and today the price is $10 higher, the sale was only good for one or two days. The difference is not significant but it's a matter of principle now.

A few weeks ago I needed a power supply, they had one on sale for $15 but there was no way I could buy it for that price? It cost me 30 plus shipping, a fair enough price but not what was advertised and the ad was effective when I ordered!

They seem to specialize in "come ons" and a lot of rebates!

/I should unsubscribe from there mail list I guess.

Bob Goodwin

/