rt2500 / rt2x00 freeze on shutdown

I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the rt2x00 drivers in
the 2.6.22.2-42.fc6 kernel.  I've got the machine set up
to use wpa_supplicant (not NM, as I want the machine to
stay connected when 'm logged out) to connect to an AP
using WPA.

On shutdown the system stops after shutting down bluetooth,
this is two steps after failing to stop the wpa_supplicant
service.  Now, if I use
# service wpa_supplicant stop
while the system is running normally it waits for a while
then fails.  The system shows some odd issues after doing
this, such as not being able to open another terminal on
the desktop.  Finally if I shut down the rt2x00 interface
#ifconfig ra0 down
before shutdown or disabling wpa_supplicant everything
works.  When shutting down I see that after stopping
bluetooth the system shuts down the ra0 interface.
Trying to ifconfig ra0 down after failing to stop
wpa_supplicant just hangs (the system remains
responsive aside from displaying the issues already
mentioned).

So, I'm not sure where to take this.  Is it likely to
be a wpa_supplicant issue or a rt2500 one?  Has anyone
else seen similar behaviour?

--
imalone