Re: trying to remove xdg-user-dirs and most of kde is going with it

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:06:23 +0100
Martin Hooper <martin.hooper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm trying to remove xdg-user-dirs as mentioned in Section 10.1 of the
> release notes and what looks like most of KDE is going to be removed
> as well.  Is there a way around it as I want KDE but not the
> xdg-user-dirs folders in my $HOME

I agree that the xdg-user-dirs function is a feature that I could do without,
and having it enabled by default is indeed a nuisance of the first order.

To disable it, edit either /etc/xdg/user-dirs.conf or ~/.config/user-dirs.conf
to include enabled=False