Re: SELinux survey (was RE: Stupid F7 boot loop)

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 14:38 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 12:02 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> >     Once about Fedora Core 4 I noticed Selinux was there and I turned
> > it on. I began to have odd problems. Things stopped working. I
> > discovered how to turn it off and all problems stopped.
> >
> >     Since then I always turn it off during installation. Right after I
> > refuse to give Grub a password :-)
>
> This is really akin to:  Yesterday I found it very hard to unlock my
> front door with the key, so now I never lock the door.
Well, I prefer comparing SELinux with having a control officer at each
and every drawer/knob/switch inside of your house/apartment :)

It will prevent your 5-year old son from putting the kitten into the
micro-wave, but I guess you would be very angry when the micro-wave
refuse to heat your deep-fried pizza, because its of the wrong brand ;)

Ralf