Re: good color laser printer?

Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I have a HP2550L that I am quite happy with.  It was also available
> in a networked version.

I have an HP2550N, the networked version, and I'm also quite happy
with it.  The FC6 printing subsystem found it over the network, and
connected to it just fine.  I've got seven machines (mostly linux,
some XP) that all share it.

Note that the management software is windows based, and does provide
some options that you can't get via just Linux, like getting emails
when the toner runs low, or settings for >105g/m2 card stock.  In
theory, it would run under Linux - it's java+web based - but I've
never gotten it to work, so I just run it on an XP machine.

I have wrappers for lpr that set up black-toner-only, multi-copy, and
a few other options that I commonly use, though.  I also have a small
perl/motif-based status viewer so I know what the "error blinky"
means.