Re: blank screen on boot in fc7

Tim wrote:
Tim:
Now try booting graphically (don't put a 3 there), but remove the rhgb
option.  See if it's just rhgb fouling things up.
Karl Larsen:
he is using a nVIDIA video card. It is possible this is causing his
problems?

We could only guess at that.  But, it has been known for booting up with
rhgb to cause problems for some systems.

I thought that rhgb was causing the problem on two recent threads. I did not see any info that removing rhgb from the boot was tried. One thread, this one I believe, disabling services was tried but probably disabled firewalls, printer daemons and other important services.

Jim

--
Once I finally figured out all of life's answers, they changed the questions.