Re: New Computer

On 8/28/07, bruce <bedouglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
and i would tend to think/believe and interpret that what karl has posted
has to do with fedora.. it's his experiences, both small, and large that
he's posting to the list with...

everything that he's posted (as far as i can tell) has to do with his
machine, which has fedora, that he's been trying to gte up/running..

so, i ask again.. what's your issue?

If there is ANYTHING of general interest in Karl's initial posting, I do not see it.  Blathering about unnamed jumpers and god-knows-which lights on an anonymous motherboard does not equate to productive reading for anyone, including Karl himself.  I'm not even sure why he wastes him time writing this drivel...

i would also say that there are more than enough people who do want to play
list police. they're the same ones who want to go into the correct way to
post top/side/bottom (for those san fran guys)!!

???  I suggest you don't "go there" (figuratively mostly, but also in real life).

if an actual fedora list admin wanted to slam karl, than hey.. it's his
list, go for it.. but i'm reasonably sure that whoever is the admin of this
list has way more critical things to spend their time on. also, to this
point, if you object to karl... start your own email list for fedora that
you moderate, and you can ensure that the environment would be up to your
standards...

Yes, yes, yes.  It's a free world isn't it?  So, let's all write and read about how our generic motherboards go beep (or not) in the night.  I've got nothing better to do with my time.  [Sarcasm alert for the dim-witted.]

Hey, I've got an idea!  Instead of having lots and lots of people (see thread above) move off an otherwise perfectly good maillist, how about:

1) Karl learns how/when to post useful information & questions, or
2) Karl (and you) leave this maillist and make the world a happier place.

peace

Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
--
Friedrich von Schiller