Re: Problem with bcm43xx-80211 Revisited

Martin Marques wrote:
Andrew Robinson escribió:
Whenst last we left our hero, I had let yum upgrade my kernel on FC6 to 2.6.22.1-32.fc6, which required bcm43xx drivers version 4. However, bcm43xx-fwcutter had not been upgraded and would not handle the new drives. Moving forward, last night I updated to the latest bcm43xx-fwcutter and extracted the version 4 drivers. My laptop's wireless now works but not at boot time. I have to run 'modprobe bcm43xx-mac80211' and 'ifup eth1' to get an actual network connection. I tried to illustrate the situation with the output below. It seems like there is a timing or order issue.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or need to do differently to get the new version of bcm43xx working on my laptop?

# grep wlan0 /etc/modprobe.conf
alias wlan0 bcm43xx-mac80211

Question, what does that do to eth1? That's the name of the interface at the moment.

Thanks!

Andrew