Re: Problem updating rpmdevtools

Ian Malone wrote:
On 28/08/07, Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
Hi list,

I run an update today. The list of available packages included
rpmdevtools. The problem is that the transaction test failed with:

 file /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths-worker from install of
rpm-build-4.4.2.1-1.fc6 conflicts with file from package
rpmdevtools-5.3-1.fc6

    If rpm-build is part of rpmdevtools then it is a problem with
knows this.

rpm-build is a separate package.

    If the system is working fine for you why get the update?

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-August/msg00392.html
Security updates are generally recommended.  In any case
telling someone to not update is not a solution as it
fixes nothing.

Ian read his message. He says he is making a lot of RPM's and quite happy with what he has. I say if it is working fine do not fix it :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User