RE: blank screen on boot in fc7

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Karl Larsen
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 7:36 AM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: blank screen on boot in fc7

Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 06:59 -0500, Frank VanDerLinden wrote:
>
>> Ok tried del the rhbquiet followed by a 3 and I get the logon console
>> and login as root. When I run startx from there it loads just fine
>> with no hangs what so ever. Its Compaq v6000 with a amd turion 64 x2
>> and nvida graph card. I am running the x86_64 ver.
>>

> Now try booting graphically (don't put a 3 there), but remove the rhgb
> option.  See if it's just rhgb fouling things up.

    Tim he is using a nVIDIA video card. It is possible this is causing
his problems
my first install I had rebooting fine. But after changing background and
applying a screen saver this started. So I installed a clean copy. Still had
the problem. Is it possible I messed up on the install??? Should I try
installing a clean copy?? Is there any specific options I should use while
installing a clean copy that might help the situation out??