Re: HIDD failed on F7 boot into shiny new Thnikpad T61

--- Matthew Saltzman <mjs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 19:38 -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:
> > What on earth does this mean? It also fails while shutting down....
>
> If it fails to start, it's no surprise that it fails to shut down 8^).
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >

> This is apparently a bug in bluez-utils.  To work around, edit
> /etc/sysconfig/hidd and change
>
>       HIDDARGS="--server"

>       HIDDARGS="-i hci0 --server"

I see, thanks, Mathew! Btw, I have also had trouble with sound, wireless, and
screen resolution to name a few. I noticed that there are patches and fixes all
over the place. Does Fedora intend putting them in updates, or are we back to
hand-editing things into posterity?

These work with GutsyGibbon pre-release.

Best,
Trotter

http://tv.yahoo.com/