Re: AppArmor for Fedora

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 08:17:35PM -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Okay, then without any .vimrc in place, the contexts remained the
> same.  So I'm wondering where the problem is?  It seems to work just
> fine.

I'm not sure I'd call it a "problem".  It's just something to be aware of.
Any editor will potentially have the same problem.

For vim, it primarily depends on the settings of the 'backup' and
'backupcopy' options.  If you're not allowing vim to make backups *at all*,
of course, then it's never an issue.

It looks like Fedora's vim defaults to 'nobackup'.  My ~/.vimrc sets:

set bdir=~/.vim/backups     " save all backups in a specific place
set dir=~/.vim/backups      " ditto for the swap files
set backup                  " keep a backup file (please!)
set backupcopy=auto         " to work around stupidity in Debian's global vimrc

I *always* make backups.  Learned that long ago. :)

--
 Marc Wilson |     The important thing is not to stop questioning.
 msw@xxxxxxx |