Re: CUPS problem

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 10:20 +0200, PerAntonRønning wrote:
Garry T. Williams wrote:
On Sunday 26 August 2007 16:26:52 PerAntonRønning wrote:
Garry T. Williams wrote:
yum install memtest86+

Done, it went smootly. Am I now supposed to burn a DVD for this program, and boot from that DVD?
Now run memtest-setup.  That will add the memory test to your grub
menu.  Mine looks like this after running memtest-setup:

    title Memtest86+ (1.70)
	    root (hd0,0)
	    kernel /memtest86+-1.70 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
Mine became a bit different, but this is FC 5. Problem was that /usr/sbin/ was not in the $PATH, and there must also have been some slipup on my part when running yum install.
It looks like this:

title Memtest86+ (1.65)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /memtest86+-1.65 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet
I will now try this by booting up.

Thanks, all.
Brgds
PAR

The question tht want answered is, after I run memtest do I still have
an operating system left on the disk? If I don't how does putting a
entry in grub.conf help me?
It worked like this: When booting (I use KDE) I have a few seconds to access the boot menu before Linux is started. After having installed memtest86+, this program appears as an entry in the boot menu. Instead of selecting Linux, one will instead select mentest , and then the program starts immediately, without loading the OS.

Then you let it run some passes to see what happens, and by pressing Esc you go back to booting, and this time you start Linux.

Brgds
PAR