Re: Virus

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 12:41 -0400, Jacques B. wrote:
> But you said by visiting the site you were compromised.  That would
> only occur if the site had code in it to exploit your browser - hence
> why I mentioned Windows and IE as being at risk of being compromised
> by "simply visiting" whereas Linux with Firefox is not.

I think what I said, earlier, is more accurate.  You expose yourself to
the *potential* of an exploit.  Firefox on Linux is not immune, though
it is far less likely for you to be exploited, that way.  And there are
those who "dare to tread" who persist in running as the root user, with
a higher risk.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386