Re: GRUB command line after install Windows Dual Booting

unattributed authors wrote:
>> timeout=5
>> splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
>> hiddenmenu

Ali, Saqib:
> I already have this:
>
> default=0
> timeout=5
> splashimage=(hd0,1)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
> hiddenmenu
>
> Is there way to switch to graphical mode once I am in the cmd line mode?

The only difference I see between a graphical and non-graphical mode, is
a picture behind the menu.  Other than that, both work the same way (you
hit a key to get a menu, because of the "hiddenmenu" option, you cursor
up and down the list of boot options, then hit return; or you do nothing
and let the default option apply after a few seconds).

I am wondering if you're not getting the menu, and you're being left at
the GRUB prompt (where you do actually type in commands), because GRUB
can't find the next thing to do by itself.  If so, and it sounds like
this might be the case, you might need to re-set-up GRUB.

e.g. At that "grub>" prompt you'd type something *like* the following:

grub> root (hd0,1)
grub> setup (hd0)
grub> quit

See the grub info file, or website, for more details about configuring
it.

<http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub.html>  (We're using the legacy
version.)

--