Re: ipw3945-kmdl-2.6.22.1-32.fc6 needs /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.22.1-32.fc6, this is not available

Axel Thimm wrote:
On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 12:15:17AM -0400, David Kramer wrote:
I'm running FC6 on my Dell D820 (because I couldn't get suspend working in F7).

Have you tried kernel-tuxonice? :)

Never heard of it, and Google can't find any pages with details on it (mentions, yes, but no details). It appears that the author of suspend2 renamed it tuxonice, but that's all I've been able to find out. Can you send me a pointer to more information?

I occasionally have had problems with kernel updates and not having
a compatible ipw3945, but it seems to be worse lately.  I'm not sure
if it's because the kernels are coming out faster, the ipw3945s are
coming out slower, or something on my system.

No, the error is about not finding a kernel, not about not fining the
kmdls. What happens lately is that kernels are deleted on the main
server and packages that depended on the specific kernel have them
broken dependenices.

Unless the servers are REALLY hard up for disk space, this seems like a REALLY bad idea. Ugh!

If that's the real issue then the cure is to install yum's
skip-broken-dependencies plugin, so yum is not that strict about this.

Same as above. Google has no idea what it is. Can you tell me, and where I could get it? Yum search doesn't know anything about it, either.

For that matter, it was only from your next post that I learned what "installonlyn" does.

(time passes, Google is flogged mercilessly)...
Ahh. Yum is hosted at Duke, and there is a wiki. It tells me the plugin you mentioned is really called "yum-skip-broken." Now installed.

Thanks.  With that installed, I'll try to clean things up.