Re: bash cli

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 13:34 -0700, Don Russell wrote:
Stuart Murray-Smith wrote:
> Greetings list :-)
>
> Oh dear, I've forgotten what the bash cli is to see the output of a
> command line input (it dumps  result to screen). Pretty much the same
> bash functionality as Ctrl-R gives one a rolling history of entered
> commands.
>
> Coul someone please remind me :-)
>
> TiA, and have a great day!
>
> Stu@

Are you thinking of Shift+PageUp & Shift+PageDown buttons to scroll
through large output displays

Humble apologies for getting just slightly off-topic, but try <Ctrl><Shift>T and see what happens.  Maybe every else on the list knew this, but I didn't!  I just started playing around with key combinations to see what happened.

As to getting the out of a command to stdout (the screen), all I can think of is just "bash -v <your command>."

-- Mark C. Allman, PMP
-- Allman Professional Consulting, Inc.
-- 617-947-4263
-- www.allmanpc.com

BusinessMsg -- the secure, managed, J2EE/AJAX Enterprise IM/IC solution.