Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 11:18:31 -0400
From: Gavin David <dgavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: APC USB
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

HI Tony,

No, you don't need powerchute with apcupsd. Set up the scripts in /
etc/apcupsd to send alerts/pages/emails for the different events.
Then /etc/rc.d/init.d/apcupsd will provide the daemon when enabled
and started.
There's another package apcupsd-cgi which will provide a nice web
page where you can get graphics showing load/battery status/run time,
etc. - but I don't know if it's available in the CentOS repositories
(I'm currently running it on Fedora systems only).

Dave