RE: Linux shared HP printer gives "IllegalOperatorSequence" error withmulti pages

For whatever it's worth, I just figured out if I change the windows driver from "HP Laserjet 5000 series PCL6" to "HP Laserjet 5000 series", it no longer has the problem.

Arch

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Arch Willingham
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 10:24 AM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Danny P. Pflug
Subject: Linux shared HP printer gives "IllegalOperatorSequence" error
withmulti pages

I have an HP5000 printer hanging off of an FC7 machine that I share with windows users. The windows machines use the printer as an internet port printer and connect to "http://auburn:631/printers/HPLaser5000"; - in the initial install, they use the "HP Laserjet 5000 series PCL6" windows driver (not the one that comes with CUPS).

All seems to work fine...they can print almost anything - at least I thought they could until this morning. A user came to me and said he gets an error if he prints a document and tells it to print more than one copy. The first copy prints fine but the second copy pops out of the printer with a note from the printer saying:

PCL XL error

Subsystem: KERNEL
Error: IllegalOperatorSequence
Operator: EndChar