Re: Firefox and Thunderbird crash on F7.

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 16:46 +0100, Andy Green wrote:

> >> It looks like getComplexValue() is to do with getting your user prefs.
> >> Try closing Firefox and Thunderbird, and then mv ~/.mozilla
> >> ~/.mozilla-old and restarting them, see if the problem is gone...
> >
> > I already did that and it does not solve the problem.
>
> Hum, well two ideas: see if this changes anything
>
> $ firefox -safe-mode
>
> and
>
> $ strace firefox
>
> to see if we can get a clu
>
> Also... is about:plugins one of those things that crash?  What plugins
> are listed, if not?
>
> -Andy

Well there is a problem. about:plugins shows what the firefox default
configuration thinks it is using but it may not actually using them.

To find out what is really being used you have to go to:
about:config and change the parameter:
browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extensions to false from true.
Then you can go to: Edit->preferences->Content->Manage
to see what is really being used.

However, since the OP can't go to Edit->preferences without crashing we
have a real problem.

OT: To show the value of the fedora-list, in contemplating this problem
I fixed the ability to play NPR program stream through firefox which had
been broken for me since several updates of firefox.
There's always free cheese in a mousetrap.