Re: fedora package updater

Jerome Kan wrote:
Hey, I recently installed Fedora 7 onto my computer and played around with
it for a bit, but I cant seem to figure out a way around this problem I've
been having with the package Updater. The error states that "elfutils-libelf-devel conflicts with elfutils-libelf = 0.127.1.fc7"
I'm not exactly sure what it means; however when this shows up I've tried
finding the closest update package to the error which is "elfutils" package and unchecking it in hopes that the program would
continue with the update and just skip over that part. I'm new to Linux so
I'm not exactly sure how or what each of the packages do; however, I think I
have managed to grasp the basic concept of how the yum update program works,
with the repositories of software and updating that way. Any help at all on
this issue would be much appreciated.

Sincerely, Jerome

Welcome to Linux and Fedora.

This could be an indication of multiple problems.

What were you doing at the time that you got the error?

I had a similar problem last week trying to do a group install.

Also, what repositories are you using?  This can cause conflicts as well.

More details will make it easier to help you.

--
Due to the move to Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.