Re: Firefox and Thunderbird crash on F7.

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 12:19 +0200, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> I am in the process of building F7 in order to move from FC5 to F7.
>
> Both TB and FF crash in a similar fashion, so I believe the problems are
> related. I'll start with the FF crash.
>
> To see if it would help to update F7, I added all the latest fixes this morning.
> The problem is still there. It crashes consistently on display of many pages.
> The one I test is Edit -> Preferences. It crashes immediately without going into
> the dialog. The error console shows:
>
> [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005
> (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIPrefBranch.getComplexValue]" nsresult
> "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame ::
> file:///usr/lib/firefox-2.0.0.5/components/nsBrowserContentHandler.js ::
> anonymous :: line 500" data: no]
> file:///usr/lib/firefox-2.0.0.5/components/nsBrowserContentHandler.js  Line: 482
>
> What can this error be? Unfortunately I have absolutely no understanding of this
> error message.
>
> I do hope someone can help me out of this situation. Thanks in advance.
> --
> Erik.

Just for clarity, did you do a fresh install of f7 or did you try to
update from f5 to f7? The later is bound to give problems.
I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were all
these aisles and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had
these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and
blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that
I had been avoiding the beach. -- Lucinda Childs "Einstein On The Beach"