Re: setting ./configure environmentals question

Tom Poe wrote:
I want to install tarball of gimp-gap, since there's no rpm available to work with gimp2.2. Naturally, it won't find gimp on my FC5, but I don't know what to do with message. Any help appreciated:
[message]
checking for GIMP... configure: error: Package requirements (gimp-2.0 >= 2.2.0 gimpui-2.0 >= 2.2.0 gimpthumb-2.0) were not met.
This looks like you installed a tar ball first. I suggest you remove all that you now have installed either with rpm -e or from the tar ball try make uninstall. Then find the proper rpm packages for FC5 with gimp and install.

Alternatively you may set the GIMP_CFLAGS and GIMP_LIBS environment variables
to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page for
more details.
[tom@localhost gimp-gap-2.2.0]$ echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI