Re: mounting a ZIP drive

I stated:
In one terminal, I removed imm (modprobe -r imm). In another terminal, I
issued the 'tail' command (and let it go). In the first, I saw the line:
kernel: imm: Version 2.0.5 (for Linux 2.4.0)

geez - was I confused! But, I guess y'all figured out that I meant:
"... In the first, I issued 'modprobe imm'. Then, in the second, I saw the line: ..."

One weird thing: when I issue 'insmod imm', the os responds with:
insmod: can't read 'imm': no such file or directory
I have to use modprobe.

I tried that trick from 'Where did it go?' - still no joy.
There is no 'ide-scsi' module.

I popped the drive into my Windoze box, and it was recognized fine. HOWEVER - it can't read the disks (they're actually from my Amiga). A requestor pops up, stating that they're unformatted, and it asks me if I want to format them!

I figured that linux wouldn't be so persnickety.

So, does anyone have any tricks to get Windows 2000 to read Amiga zips? Make sure that you email me directly.

(Hi, Joanne! :)   )