Re: Grub

From: "Karl Larsen" <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx>
jdow wrote:
From: "Karl Larsen" <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx>

I have taken the labeling one step further than I remember RedHat
taking before. I labeled the FC7 install with a "-7" at the end of
the label to make it distinguishable from the others. So I have
things like sda0 is labeled "/boot-7" and so forth.

{^_^}   Joanne, also a ham.
Right this moment grub.conf and fstab have labels where they can be used. I like it fine but learned that if I use software RAID I can't use labels. So it depends what I do.

I've avoided software RAID completely, mostly for speed reasons. This
seems like another good reason to avoid it. That is good to know.

Out of curiosity have you tried the Rescue feature on the install DVD
or CDROMs? That at least might get you in so you could repair any
misfeatures. But you'd have to resize and move partitions around via
some other means. So if there's nothing precious on the system I'd
simply reinstall with a more sane disk layout. (A difficult experience
also makes me wary of the LVM feature, too.)

{o.o}    Joanne