BIOS startup ??

Hi;

I didn't want to steal a thread from someone who has a real problem, but
an issue was raised in the thread entitled 'Grub' by Marko Vojinovic
that has been bothering me for a long time.

        "And to my surprise, there the question was repeated, more
        specific: "what happens between the points of pushing the power
        button and the point when OS starts to load?" ;-)

        I was amazed !! The sequence of actions was explained in a way
        that did not need any too technical background knowledge, while
        at the same time it was extremely detailed. It started off along
        the lines of "voltage on the circuitry rises, and the oscillator
        starts ticking. The first few ticks activate a circuit that
        sends a reset signal to the processor...".

        The moral of the story: it was way more complicated than I
        thought, while the author was stating that the answer is
        somewhat oversimplified..."

I have been trying to find that answer for some time now.

What happens in the micro-seconds between hitting the power button until
BIOS is loaded from CMOS into RAM memory?  There is lots of information
available about what happens next.

I have googled etc. for a source of this information.  There is none
that I can find.  As I said, lots of 'How BIOS works' none on 'How power
up/on works'.  Any directions, recommended reading or explanations would
be warmly appreciated.

--
Regards Bill