Re: SElinux concern

Gordon:
$ ls -ldZ /root
drwxr-x---  root root root:object_r:user_home_dir_t    /root/

I let the OS relabel everything (on all 3 boxes). Today, only 1 of them seems to have had the initiator of this problem; looks like it's good now.

You may have done
> something during your post-install configuration that changed the
> context of those directories.

I can't imagine what I did to all 3! Furthermore, all were new installs (didn't just update my FC6 installs).

I do have BOINC running on all of them - but I don't think that would have munged anything.

When I stated that I didn't have a clue about this, I meant just the 'relabel' notion - I did know of SElinux (of course). Someone mentioned that some people disable it; perhaps they just don't want anything in the way, or any 'extras'. I figured that I'd use it (leaving it on Enforcing). I just hope that it doesn't get obnoxious.