Re: Alternative booting

Hi,

Out of interest, when you install F7 where do you put the /boot partition ?
I.e. is it a separate small 100M or so partition at the start of your drive,
or do you make it a simple directory under your main / partition ?

The fact that you find grub broken only after updates is odd. Note that the
point of a separate /boot is to make sure all the files needed by grub are at
the start of the drive, where the bios can access them. If you don't do this
then what might happen is files get written to grub that reside in parts of
the drive that cannot be read at boot time, hence problems. This could also
explain why things work for the first install but then break after updates.

sorry if you've covered this before. Just a thought.

Chris