Re: Quota / Diskless Workstation?

On 8/17/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tim:
>> You could configure against allowing any core dumping, if you want
>> to.

David Frascone:
> Log files are not core files.

I was wondering whether the original poster really meant log files, or
core dumps.  I've not noticed applications leave "huge log files".

I am the original poster.  They are log files.  Whether or not you have noticed them, they do exist.  And, when things got out of hand, they filled the disk.

-Dave

--
David Frascone

Where there's a whip there's a way.