Re: Brothers all in one

Christopher Mocock wrote:
Art wrote:
Hi Dose any one know if a Brothers all in one will work with  Linux.
Thanks Art Giles

We have a MFC-620CN at work and the printer and scanner both work fine
over the network. Brother do supply Linux drivers for all of their
products AFAIK.

Chris

Careful on which one you pick.

I have a 420CN and have had to resort to using it on a Windows box. I haven't checked lately, but when I got the device, the Linux drivers were kludgey, did not directly support CUPS, and did not support a 64 bit OS. Brother was less than helpful and not all of the source code was available.

I'd research what HP has to offer. I've seen ads for some pretty inexpensive ones lately.

Bob...