Re: Where is kdict?

On Wednesday 15 August 2007 13:56, Paul Smith wrote:
> On 8/15/07, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I would like to install kdict, but I cannot find the package
> > > containing it. I have already tried 'yum whatprovides kdict', but got
> > > nothing. Any ideas?
> >
> > You should find it in the kdenetwork package.  Run the command below, to
> > see if kdict is installed.
> > rpm -qf /usr/bin/kdict
>
> Thanks, Nigel. I have
>
> $ rpm -q kdenetwork
> kdenetwork-3.5.7-1.fc7.1
> $
>
> but
>
> # rpm -qf /usr/bin/kdict
> error: file /usr/bin/kdict: No such file or directory
> #
>
> Paul

I looked it up on FC2, and thought that KDE might have moved it, but according
to the link below its still in the kdenetwork package.
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/

Have a look in /usr/share/applications/kde  .  You can start it from there,
and copy it to the desktop if you wish. If it is missing, it wouldn't be the
first time that updates to KDE had resulted in a package being temporarily
unavailable, or perhaps permanently removed for some reason or other.

Nigel.