Re: New Hard Drive

Karl Larsen wrote:
Thanks I will look up raid 1 because I cancel all the sata stuff and ordered another 160 GB Western Digital. If it works as you say then it will be lots better than backing up :-)

Raid1 does work nicely as a protection against a single drive failure, but don't think of it as a backup. There are still lots of operator errors, software errors, and physical problems that can wipe out both disks at once. While you are at it you might want to grab an external USB drive so you can make a copy to store elsewhere. The models based on laptop drives that run on USB power are especially nice.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx