Re: Bugzilla feature requests

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 13:10 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I was recently advised to use <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>
> for feature requests.
> (I was suggesting that it would be nice if the yum fastestmirror plugin
> told one what mirror is being used.)
>
> But is the bugzilla site intended for this purpose?
> There is no mention of this at the site.
>
> Incidentally, the Redhat bugzilla system
> (maybe all bugzilla systems)
> seemed to me fairly bad.
> If I look up "yum" I get a huge number of responses.
> If I look up "yum fastestmirror" I get none.
>
> I spent 3 minutes trying to go down the (very long) list of applications;
> it kept jumping back to the top.
>
> The wording is not good, giving bossy advice but a minimum of information.
>
> Is javascript the best technique for something like this?
> I'd suggest the bugzilla developers take a look at google some time.
What Rahul says is true, but it is also true that bugzilla is hard to
use if you don't use it often.
The distinction between Jewish and goyish can be quite subtle, as the
following quote from Lenny Bruce illustrates: "I'm Jewish. Count Basie's
Jewish. Ray Charles is Jewish. Eddie Cantor's goyish. The B'nai Brith is
goyish. The Hadassah is Jewish. Marine Corps -- heavy goyish, dangerous.
"Kool-Aid is goyish. All Drake's Cakes are goyish. Pumpernickel is
Jewish and, as you know, white bread is very goyish. Instant potatoes --
goyish. Black cherry soda's very Jewish. Macaroons are ____very
Jewish. Fruit salad is Jewish. Lime Jell-O is goyish. Lime soda is
____very goyish. Trailer parks are so goyish that Jews won't go near
them ..." -- Arthur Naiman, "Every Goy's Guide to Yiddish"