Re: New Hard Drive

On Tue August 14 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:

>     This whole thing is getting out of hand! I spent $110 for a hard
> drive and then $24 for a controller card and now you verify my fear that
> I need some cables not part of the controller card. But I can turn this
> whole thing off yet with a phone call :-)

many SATA drives and controller cards come with cables - you might ask before
you cancel, what's included - you will need a SATA data cable, fairly
standard, and probably, a power converter cable - some SATA drives will
accept the older IDE-style white plastic rectangular connector - many newer
ones only take the SATA style power connector which is usually black and
wider and thinner than the older style - but many of the above items will
include a power adapter cable to get you from the IDE style white plastic
type to the newer SATA blade type

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA