processes memory consumption

Hello

I am trying to get the memory consumption of several processes created
by mpirun. The time command reports the overall time consumption, and
using the %M it returns always zeros for memory, only time values are
reasonable, same to getrusage function, I always get zeros in all
fields, and the time fields as well using the RUSAGE_SELF parameter,

I tried the graphical process manager like KSysGuard, the problem is
catching the memory values for process that end too fast, or for
waiting for long processes, same about top command, they need
continuous and fast accurate monitoring, won't work by the eye,

Can I have some suggestions for commands or utilities that I can use
to monitor the processes maximum memory (Physical and Virtual)
consumption after it finishes,

I appreciate your help a lot,

Kind Regards,

Manal