Re: USA export restrictions and GPL - how can they co-exist?

Peter Lemenkov wrote:

Correct me if I wrong - this statement seriously violates GPL - I read
it and find no mentions about Cuba and Iraq.

This looks strange especially after history with dropped OpenMotif
because its license prohibits its usage on some operating systems.

FSF has confirmed that export control regulations are not a violation of the license.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FreeSoftwareAnalysis/FSF

Rahul