Re: Just Installed Pidgin..But not working

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 00:53 +0500, مصطفے قاسم wrote:

> On 8/14/07, Steve Searle <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         Around 08:31pm on Monday, August 13, 2007 (UK time), مصطفے
>         قاسم scrawled:
>
>         > Hello!
>         >           I have just installed pidgin with yum install
>         pidgin. But whenever
>         > start piding it shows that it is launching pidgin but
>         dissappears after some
>         > seconds. It leaves nothing in /var/log/messages ... What to
>         do now?
>
>         It might be putting an icon in th enotification area on the
>         panel that
>         you need to click to open a window.  Otherwise try running it
>         from an
>         xterm to see if you get any messages.

> No There is no icon on notification area. How to run it through a
> xterm?

The icon looks like a comic page voice bubble with a green circle to
its lower right.  If you put your mouse over it for a few seconds, it
should show the word "pidgin" in the pop-up box.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxx -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-                  Heisenberg _may_ have slept here                  -