Install of Fedora 7 on Dell Poweredge 2300

I recently acquired a Dell Poweredge 2300 (256 megs RAM, 5 x 9 gig SCSI2 disks on RAID controller).

I want to set it up for a friend as a low cost file/mail server.

It does not have a DVD drive (and lacks any visible IDE ports), so I am limited to booting from a CD and installing over the network.

I have downloaded the Fedora 7 Rescue iso, checked the iso, then burned it to a CD and tested the CD. No problems with the media.

I then attempted to install Fedora 7 on the server.

The CD is detected and the machine boots to the install prompt (asking me if I want to install, recover, boot from disk etc).

When I choose "graphical install", or "text mode install" I get the following output:

Ready.
/boot/vmlinuz: attempted DOS system call
boot:

Then the install stops. No activity after this. Hitting enter returns me to the install prompt and I go around again.

I have downloaded the latest Ubuntu Server and am running the install at the moment to check if this is something to do with the hardware, or Fedora. So far, no problems. The server is currently finishing the install without any hiccups.

So it seems that there is no (serious) problem with the hardware.

Does anyone have any idea why the Fedora install hangs?

Regards,
Langdon