Re: Asus p4p800 deluxe BROKEN INSTALL on FC5- FC6-FC7

I have an Asus P4P800, people online over the years have suggested all
kinds of boot tinkering and software changes. None of them ever work.

The ONLY way you are going to get this board to work with Fedora is
to change a BIOS setting.

In your BIOS goto ..

Main > IDE Configuration > Onboard IDE Operate Mode

Change it from Enhanced Mode to Compatible Mode.

After you have installed Fedora you can return it back to Enhance
mode.

> Randy Ramsdell wrote:
> Ok nice to be right back in the EXACT same position I was in
several
> years ago regarding this motherboard and installing FC. I think it
was
> FC3 that this first became an issue, but I was able to work around
it
> and install FC. So now, I tried to install FC6/7 and I yet to find
a way
> to get it installed.
>
> So now it has been a year or so without being able to run
Fedora/CentOS.
> Please help as I really don't want to use Ubunto and especially not
Suse.

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=193855&topic_id=42393&forum=10#forumpost193855
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and/or blame bengarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx