Re: window sizing?

On Sun, 2007-08-12 at 12:02 -0400, Jeffrey Ross wrote:
> I've recently noticed that when programs open they are opening to a size
> larger than the screen resolution.  I've noticed this primarily with
> Firefox and with Evince (PDF reader).   Basically the bottom and the
> right edge of the window is off the screen.  I can manually resize it,
> but how do I adjust it so it doesn't extend off the screen?  My
> resolution is 1280x1024.
>
> TIA
> Jeff

evince may accept the -geometry option check the man X page
We've tried each spinning space mote And reckoned its true worth: Take
us back again to the homes of men On the cool, green hills of Earth. The
arching sky is calling Spacemen back to their trade. All hands! Standby!
Free falling! And the lights below us fade. Out ride the sons of Terra,
Far drives the thundering jet, Up leaps the race of Earthmen, Out, far,
and onward yet-- We pray for one last landing On the globe that gave us
birth; Let us rest our eyes on the fleecy skies And the cool, green
hills of Earth. -- Robert A. Heinlein, 1941