Re: GRUB problem

Hello everyone,
              Thanks for the help.I used an Ubuntu Live CD to delete linux partitions and reinstalled WindowsXP.It is working fine now.

On 8/12/07, Garry T. Williams <gtwilliams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sunday 12 August 2007 09:58:43 Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
> Hello,
>          I installed Fedora 7 on my system with Windows XP already
> installed.Now am not able to boot my Windows XP installer CD.It stops at the
> point Checking Hardware Configuration.Is it a problem with GRUB?Thanks.

It sounds like your Windows XP installer CD doesn't like the master
boot record (MBR) that grub installed.  I thought that was an old
problem.  Anyway, you might want to try using the Windows boot
manager.  The steps involve restoring the Windows MBR, installing the
Linux MBR on the first sector of your /boot partion, copying the Linux
MBR into the Windows file system, and then editing the C:\boot.ini
file to add your F7 system.

See http://www.geocities.com/epark/linux/grub-w2k-HOWTO.html for one
method.  You might have to Google a bit to find the command to restore
the Windows MBR.

--
Garry T. Williams --- +1 678 656-4579