Re: window sizing?

Jeffrey Ross wrote:
> I've recently noticed that when programs open they are opening to a size
> larger than the screen resolution.  I've noticed this primarily with
> Firefox and with Evince (PDF reader).   Basically the bottom and the
> right edge of the window is off the screen.  I can manually resize it,
> but how do I adjust it so it doesn't extend off the screen?  My
> resolution is 1280x1024.
>
> TIA
> Jeff

One thing to check is your /etc/X11/xorg.conf to make sure you do
not have a desktop setting in there that is greater then your screen
resolution. You can also sometime run into problems if you have
settings for resolutions greater then you are running, and do not
have a desktop size set. The desktop size is set using:

Virtual  xdim ydim

Mikkel