No backlight after resume in a notebook with Asus MoBo

People,

I have a Centrino Core 2 Duo notebook in which the backlight is not
turned on after a suspend/resume.
I've found out that I can make it work if I save the value
in /proc/acpi/asus/brn before it suspends and restore it after the
resume.
In FC6, I edit /etc/pm/functions-intel and
add "cat /proc/acpi/asus/brn > /var/run/lcd_brightness" before the
call to vbetool in the function suspend_video() and
add "cat /var/run/lcd_brightness > /proc/acpi/asus/brn" after the
call to vbetool in the function resume_video().
However, in F7 this file does not exist and I didn't find the scripts
for suspend/resume. Where should I add these commands to get
suspend/resume to work in my notebook running F7?

Thanks,

Marcelo