Re: Mail server hosted by Comcast

Igor Chudov wrote:
> I am considering a local deal related to hosting by Comcast cable
> (8mbps down, 1 mbps up).
>
> I am concerned, however, with me sending email and being on comcast IP
> range, due to bad rap that Comcast has due to spamming by Comcast
> hosted zombies.
>
> Do you think that my mailserver will have issues if I host it on
> comcast netwrk?
>
> That would be a static IP and, hopefully, I can get comcast to reverse
> resolve it to a hostname on one of my domains.

I'm on Comcast and am having no problems.  I set the smarthost for
sendmail to "smtp.comcast.net" and, at least so far, have not triggered
anything that would block incoming or outgoing mail.  All mail from me
goes through the "official" comcast mail server and does not appear to
come from a dynamic address.