Auto updating DNS?

Not totally on topic but I (hope) think its close enough.

The situation is this, I have a DNS server that own and have full control of it runs FC6, and it holds the SOA record for my domain.

My home machine is behind a router providing NAT, the router receives its address via DHCP, and although its address rarely changes I would like my home system to automatically update the record on the nameserver. Currently I use a CNAME (eg HOME 3600 IN CNAME providersfqdn.provider.com. )
Any pointers to updating this automatically?

TIA
Jeff