Use iptables to accept packets from IP

I read a bit about how you can drop packets with iptables.
I was wondering whether you could do just the opposite,
use iptables to specify only the IPs you will accept from?

We can't use firewalls, and I don't understand selinux well enough
to know if it will do what we want.  we can't really use VPN either.

Anyone know how to specify in iptables only what to allow?