Re: wireless woes on FC6

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 19:10 -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:
> Over the past 2 weeks, I have not been able to turn on wireless using
> system-config-network on FC6. I get the following:
>
> orinoco_cs device eth1 does not seem to be present, delaying
>  initialization.
>
> I am able to connect through windoze and then it sometimes works on FC6.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> many thanks and best wishes,]
> trotter

Does your laptop have a wireless on/off button.  The wireless I
configured on a hp laptop worked perfectly on Windows, but took me
forever to get it working on Linux.  The problem was related to the
hardware finger button switch.  With Windows the switch light came on
and off every time you pressed so it was easy to determine of the
wireless was turned on or off.  With Fedora the toggle function of the
switch worked, but the light on the button did not change.  To make
things more difficult every time the button was pressed a reboot was
required to recognize the new setting.  This turned out to be a real
pain in the butt, but once I figured out what was happening I finally
got it configured.  Since that time every laptop I have set up with
Linux has this same characteristic.

Good Luck!!!!  There are plenty of other things that need to be checked
but once you get it working you will like it!!!!

Greg